- Sit at ease in any posture.
- Close your eyes.
- Immediately after closing your eyes,
watch whatever space you see inside.
- In the middle of this space, make an
imaginary centre of any size.
- Begin to repeat "Amaram hum Madhuram
if the words are coming from that centre to your eyes.
- Focus your attention
on the last humming sound of each word spoken. This will allow you
your attention on the first sound of the
next word. Continue this repetition with one-pointedness.
- Be aware that
you are the Knower who knows how to initiate and repeat "Amaram
hum Madhuram hum," how to listen to these words in silence,
and how to know the meaning contained within them: "I am immortal,
I am blissful."
- If any thought or many thoughts arise,
persist or subside during this period, remain neutral, just watching.
Gently focus your attention
on the Knower, realizing this Knower as infinite, eternal and unchanging:
Pure Existence, Pure consciousness, and Pure Bliss. This Knower
is all-permeating and indivisible; it is one without a second name
- You are the Knower. Continue
meditating and holding this realization for a few minutes. Recognize
this Knower as your own Self,
the source of every thought, everything and everyone.
- Shyam Space is the Space from which all these
points are appearing and being described and the same Shyam Space is
the Knower, who is
listening and feeling eternally free.
- In this way, devote at least 11 minutes a day
— Swami Shyam
(from Vision of Oneness)